Thursday, August 6, 2015

RJD2 - Deadsides

RJD2's Deadringer helped put instrumental hip-hop on the map and complimented works like Endtroducing... by DJ Shadow both interestingly being debut albums for the respective artists.  This sample-heavy album is among my favorites and I truly consider it a masterpiece.

Compiling a b-sides album anywhere near the caliber of Deadringer I figured to be impossible, but when I purchased the album I found two obscure hidden tracks and discovered the EP Here's What's Left, which had the Part 1 of Good Times Roll, likely my favorite track from Deadringer.

Deadsides is organized to mirror Deadringer, with an intro song as track 2, Rain replacing Smoke & Mirrors, etc.  The cut off date was his second album's release, for I use two rare tracks from Since We Last Spoke.


RJD2 - Deadsides

1.  Before or Since
2.  Intro
3.  Rain
4.  Here's What's Left
5.  Bonus Beat
6.  De L'alouette
7.  Find You Out
8.  Holy Toledo
--
9.  Bus Stop Bitties
10.  Poorboy Lover Megamix I
11.  Poorboy Lover Megamix II
12.  Poorboy Lover Megamix III
13.  The Good Times Roll (pt. 1)
14.  Counseling
15.  Sell The World
16.  Thine Planetarium

No comments:

Post a Comment